Friday, January 17, 2014

Cleansing

There is nothing quite as wonderful as doing an intentional cleanse. I'm not talking about the Master Cleanse or switching to a paleo diet, or fasting, or anything along those lines (although they can be good from time to time, as long as you make sure you're getting enough nutrients and aren't starving yourself). I'm talking about a good, old fashioned energy cleanse.

Tonight I decided I wanted to cleanse myself. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder, and despite the fact that I know better, I wasn't doing anything to take care of it. I finally started taking Vitamin D again, and it has made all the difference in the world. I decided that now that I'm feeling functional enough to do basic life things (which I wasn't before. In case you've never experienced it, let me tell you - depression is a bitch), I needed to get rid of all the psychic muck that has been in my aura.

This particular cleanse was so easy. I took a shower. I got the water nice and hot. I shampooed my hair and really massaged my scalp, and I followed it up with conditioner. Then I scrubbed myself from head to toe with a loofah. Every last inch of me got the full treatment. And while I was washing my skin, I visualized all of the muck that was stuck on my energetic bodies getting scrubbed away and washed down the drain.

I followed it up by moisturizing myself from head to toe. I'm usually lazy when it comes to doing this because I'm tall, chubby, and I have a lot of surface area. But I put grapeseed oil everywhere (including my hair because hair needs moisture too - especially mine). Then I flossed and brushed my teeth and dried my hair. I treated myself like a goddess being anointed, and it made me feel like a goddess.

Cleansing isn't just about cleaing the muck out of your aura, or out of your body. It's about pampering your body so that you feel good. I highly recommend trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment