Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Lovin'

On days like today, when it's 90 degrees and nothing is air conditioned (one of the downsides to living in Seattle is that if the weather goes below 40 or above 78, no one knows how to handle it), it's hard to remember why I love summer. I took a bite of a ripe, organic, locally farmed nectarine, and I then remembered. My first bite was like a religious experience. I said to my roommated, "Oh my god, nectarines are my favorite food in the world." He laughed because I've said that about every fruit when I tasted it for the first time this season - at least when they were local. I had a few nectarines from California earlier this summer, and while they were tasty, they had nothing on the intense, complex flavor of this one. Once again, local wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment