Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow?

My garden is growing a little bit at a time, and it makes me very happy. I have basil, oregano, cilantro, peppermint, catnip, lavender, rosemary, cherry tomatoes, and strawberries. I have also planted the seeds of zucchini, carrots, broccoli, and sugar snap peas. The peas have begun to sprout (which makes sense, since they were the first seeds I planted). Soon I will have to get some sort of support structure for them to climb up, unless I want my deck to be taken over by vines.

I'm quite amazed at how well the plants are doing given how little sun my deck gets, and especially given that it had been overcast for weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to do well, and that I will have a bountiful harvest this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment