Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lately, my diet has gone down the toilet. I was doing really well for a while there making sure to keep processed foods to a minimum and eating as much local, sustainably raised food as possible. My last quarter of school was the most challenging I've ever experienced, and it became more and more difficult to find the energy to grocery shop and cook. I found a handful of places where I could get decent gluten free, dairy free foods that were pre-made, and I went to town. Even though this quarter has been much less stressful, I haven't gotten back into the habit of cooking regularly. Plus, I've been eating a lot more sugar and fried foods than is healthy for anyone.

It's getting to be summer, which means that it's the time of year for delicious, local fruits and vegetables. My summer quarter is going to be quite light with only one class and 4 clinic shifts (by the way, if you are interested in seeing me at clinic, let me know! I can give you the days and times I'll be there and instructions on how to make the appointment). This means that I will have a lot of time to devote to cooking.

Because I'm heading into finals next week, I'm not going to make any major changes immediately, but I will try to keep sugar to a minimum. Once finals are over, I'm going to be going back to the diet that makes me feel healthy, energetic, and happy.

1 comment: