Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Candida Cleanse: Day 3

I'm at the end of Day 3 of my candida cleanse, and while it hasn't been the most fun thing ever, it hasn't been the worst thing ever either.

Figuring out what to eat has been interesting. So many things that I eat have sugar, sweeteners, or fruit in them! It has also been frustrating when I eat what should be a perfectly filling meal, but since there aren't a lot of carbs, I don't feel quite satisfied. I feel full, but I feel like I need to eat more. I should probably cook up a big pot of brown rice just for the carbs.

Yesterday, I felt like I was going a little bit crazy, so I popped some popcorn (0g sugar!) in coconut oil and then ate it all. It was over the top, but it made me feel a little better.

I've started to experience some of the candida die-off symptoms. I'm fatigued and have had a headache. I also felt quite bloated, and I even felt a tiny bit tipsy last night (and not a drop of alcohol crossed my lips).

I'm definitely looking forward to the end of this cleanse. I will be thrilled when I can eat fruit again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed at the severity of your diet. I did it over about a month, not giving up fruit or honey or carbs... just sugar and juice, and adding acidophilus. But I still got the unpleasant side effects. I probably had so much candida in my system that even a partial change would do it.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, get in touch with Linda Mcartney. She's been dealing with candida for a while too and has written about it on her site.

    I found Lady Soma as well to be very helpful - the Lady Soma Candida Cleanse. Ive been using it for 1 month and having great results. Its effective.

    ReplyDelete