Friday, July 8, 2011

Candida Cleanse: Day 6

I don't have much to report. Aside from agonizing gastric pains that left me doubled over on Wednesday, I've been doing OK. I haven't had any real sugar cravings. Occasionally, I think that it would be nice to eat some sugar, but then I don't, and it's fine. The only really strange thing is that I have had no appetite. I'll feel ravenously hungry, but when it comes time to eat, I have a difficult time choking it down. I've broken down and allowed myself to eat a few processed foods (namely rice crackers that I normally inhale in the space of a heartbeat) just so that I can get enough to eat, but even those hold no appeal. This complete lack of desire to eat is probably why I'm not having any difficulty with not eating sugar. If I don't want to eat anything, that includes the things I'm not supposed to eat.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... that didn't happen to me. Although I had plenty of nausea coming and going. Uh, are you sure you're okay? Going number 2?

    The reason why I'm asking is my hubbie had an intestinal block last year that almost killed him. Really. When it gets bad, you have a VERY limited time to get it fixed, or you die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long is it supposed to take before you start feeling more normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pentalia, my poop is great - in fact, it's better than it was prior to the cleanse.

    After doing a little more research, I have learned that the die-off symptoms are caused because as the yeast die, they release toxins. According to a few web sites, loss of appetite is one of the symptoms that can occur. As with all things, different people experience different symptoms and different severity levels. I haven't had any nausea, and it seems unlikely that I will. I think I just need to support my liver a little more so it has the strength it needs to detoxify my system.

    Bunneh, I'm not 100% sure. I've seen anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, but most of what I've read says about 1 week.

    ReplyDelete